Facts about Euro 2016
Facts about Euro 2016 – The European 2016 will be held in short time, several months later. Many people can’t wait to see the biggest European football tournament in the world. There are many facts about Euro 2016. One of them is the Albanian national football team which had the chance to join the Euro 2016 like Wales and Northern Ireland. This is the first time for Albania qualified in Euro 2016 after defeating Armenia with score 3-0. More than that, there are many facts about the match which is held by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and the International Federation of Football Association (FIFA).
- Unlike the previous European Cup which is only followed by 16 participants. This time there were 24 participating countries, including the host, France. They will be divided into six groups.
- There are four categories in the draw. The members of each group will be drawn from each pot. So later, there are six teams in each group of four participants. As the host, France has certainly entered in Group A. Therefore, French is no longer put in the pot 1.
- Here is the list for the countries which had been put in each pot.
- Pot 1 : Belgium, Germany, England, Portugal, Spain, and French.
- Pot 2 : Russia, Italy, Switzerland, Ukraine, Croatia, and Austria.
- Pot 3 : The Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Romania, and Slovakia.
- Pot 4 : Turkey, Wales, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Albania, and Iceland.
- The draw process will be guided by a number of former players or coaches who never won the European Cup. They are Ruud Gullit from Netherland, Bixente Lizarazu from French, Angelos Charisteas from Greece, Oliver Bierhoff from Germany, David Trezeguet from French, Antonia Panenka from the Czech Republic, and the Spain coach Vicente del Bosque.
- In the Euro 2016, the Albania, Northern Ireland, Wales, and Iceland will start their debut in European Cup. But in the other hand, there are 3 countries which always win the championship. They are Germany and Spain which win in three times, and French is twice winning.
- Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) had set six seeded teams in the draw process group division finals of Euro 2016 which took place in France on June 10 until July 10 2016.
- The best six teams were placed in the pot 1, French as the host has been confirmed as the leading in Group A. while, Spain put in the pot 1 which has the best teams there.
- The mascot for Euro 2016 named Super Victor. Super Victor described as a super boy with a unique costume which is represented the French flag with red, white, and blue colors. This super boy has magical abilities. The shoes is the source of the power. Super victor has wings with unique colors.
- Christiano Ronaldo became the tournament’s top scorer in European Cup with 26 goals. And then followed by Robbie Keane who became the top scorer in the European Cup qualifying with 23 goals.
- The Polish striker, Robert Lewandowki became the top scorer in Euro 2016 with 13 goals.
- In the Euro 2016 qualification match, the Wales national team recorded to have the highest number of kicks at goal in 15 attempting kicks without scoring in the first half.